Why Choose Hanson Associates
Why Choose Hanson Associates...
Our clients regularly express appreciation for our use of a solution-focused, cognitive, brief therapy model, which is straightforward, provides direct feedback, and achieves results.
Marriage Counseling – Restoring Love, Intimacy, and Friendship
With over 70 percent of our work dedicated to couples or individuals working on relationship issues - we have a unique understanding of the pressures relationships are under today. Our approach, which we call MarriageRenew®, provides solution-focused direction, skilled feedback, and helpful tools built around the latest in research for successful relationships and individual restoration and growth. It is our belief and commitment, that there is real hope for restoration of lost love, intimacy, and friendship.
Our approach includes careful assessment from a solution-focused family systems perspective, direct feedback with practical suggestions, coaching in application of tools and resources, and exercises and/or brief readings between sessions. Ours is not a passive or even neutral approach. We advocate for your marriage and we work diligently to hold the hope of renewal and restoration of your marriage relationship.
Individual Counseling and Coaching – Hope for the Future
We specialize in working with adult clients facing significant life challenges which can lead to feelings of uncertainty, anxiety, depression, grief, loss of hope, fear of the future and/or a lost sense of purpose and direction. Working from a solution-focused, cognitive-behavioral, and narrative approach, we offer practical, research-based tools and resources which provide insight, skilled feedback, a path to restoration, and hope for the future.
- As Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, we are part of the 12% of counselors specifically trained in working with marriages and relationships.
- 70% of our clients are couples seeking help for their relationships and marriages.
- We provide practical tools and resources that can achieve rapid results.
- We are not neutral when it comes to couples staying together and are listed in the exclusive Directory of Marriage Friendly Therapists.
- At your invitation, we welcome the opportunity to integrate a faith-based Christian worldview with sound research-based clinical practice.
- We work diligently to hold the hope of renewal and restoration of your relationship and marriage. In those instances when a couple chooses divorce, we help guide them through the process, addressing and helping balance the needs of all family members especially the children – now and in the future.
- We are in several local insurance networks and coordinate billing with and/or payment from your health savings (HSA) or flex spending account, can bill other insurers on an out-of-network basis, and offer a discounted private-pay rate.
- We offer flexible hours to accommodate your schedule.
- We are conveniently located at I-694 and Hemlock Ln N in Maple Grove with easy access from throughout the metro and surrounding area.
If you are seeking marriage/couple’s counseling, individual counseling, or life coaching, you will appreciate our solution-focused, cognitive behavioral, and narrative approach offering practical, research-based tools and resources which provide insight, a path to restoration, and hope for the future. We look forward to hearing from you.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs) are mental health professionals trained in psychotherapy and family systems, and licensed to diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders of individuals, couples and family systems. They evaluate and treat mental and emotional disorders, other health and behavioral problems, and address a wide array of relationship issues within the context of the family system.
Marriage and family therapy is:
- specific, with attainable therapeutic goals
- designed with the "end in mind."
Marriage and family therapists treat a wide range of serious clinical problems including: depression, marital problems, anxiety, individual psychological problems, and child-parent problems. Marriage and Family Therapists broaden the traditional emphasis on the individual to attend to the nature and role of individuals in primary relationship networks such as marriage and the family. MFTs take a holistic perspective to health care; they are concerned with the overall, long-term well-being of individuals and their families.
Research indicates that marriage and family therapy is as effective, and in some cases more effective than standard and/or individual treatments for many mental health problems such as: adult schizophrenia, affective (mood) disorders, adult alcoholism and drug abuse, children's conduct disorders, adolescent drug abuse, anorexia in young adult women, childhood autism, chronic physical illness in adults and children, and marital distress and conflict.
Marriage and family therapists regularly practice short-term therapy; 12 sessions on average. Nearly 65.6% of the cases are completed within 20 sessions, 87.9% within 50 sessions. Marital/couples therapy (11.5 sessions) and family therapy (9 sessions) both require less time than the average individuated treatment (13 sessions). About half of the treatment provided by marriage and family therapists is one-on-one with the other half divided between marital/couple and family therapy, or a combination of treatments.
In a recent study, consumers report that marriage and family therapists are the mental health professionals they would most likely recommend to friends. Over 98 percent of clients of marriage and family therapists report therapy services as good or excellent.
After receiving treatment, almost 90% of clients report an improvement in their emotional health, and nearly two-thirds report an improvement in their overall physical health. A majority of clients report an improvement in their functioning at work, and over three-fourths of those receiving marital/couples or family therapy report an improvement in the couple relationship. When a child is the identified patient, parents report that their child's behavior improved in 73.7% of the cases, their ability to get along with other children significantly improved and there was improved performance in school.
Marriage and family therapy's prominence in the mental health field has increased due to its brief, solution-focused treatment, its family-centered approach, and its demonstrated effectiveness. Marriage and family therapists are licensed or certified in 46 states and are recognized by the federal government as members of a distinct mental health discipline.
Contact Us Today
Call us to set up an appointment.